Monday, October 26, 2009

Google Voice + Gizmo5 = Free Calls from and to USA on your Android phone

Hello there. It's been a long time since I wrote my last post to the blog. I missed writing very much. I also think that lots of events happened to me and I wrote nothing about them. Anyways, In this post I'll write about a way to make 100% free calls from and to USA phones and when you just install it anywhere in the world it will also work for you.

First you'll need:
  1. A Google Voice account. It's currently by invitation only. Look for a friend of you who has some invitations and buy him a bar of chocolate. (I have some invitations by the way ;))
  2. A Gizmo5 account. It's FREE. Just go to the website and create a free account.
  3. At Google voice account settings. You should add a phone number. Again you'll need some help from a friend. Give his number and make a test call where you hear the confirmation code and copy it from him. I think there are some programs that can give you a virtual phone number. I think localphone.com does this but I haven't tried it with them. Anyway feel free to solve this issue by any possible means.
  4. Now you can add a Gizmo5 phone number to your Google voice account. Add your Gizmo5 number at this point.
  5. At Gizmo5 account settings add your Google voice number. You'll figure out how as soon as you login to the website.
  6. Install guava on your Android phone.
To make free calls:

Make a call from your Android phone using Google Voice.

To receive free calls:

Simply let anyone call your Google voice number.

Hints:
  1. You don't need a SIM card in your phone to do this trick. Only using a WiFi is enough.
  2. If you don't have an Android phone. Theoretically, as I didn't try it, when you make a Google voice call you can receive the call from any Gizmo5 client like from your PC as an example. Or if Gizmo5 is supported on your phone you can download a client and that will be enough.
  3. Maximum call from your phone is 3 minutes and you can receive unlimited number of minutes.
  4. You can call USA using smartvoip for FREE. This will let you call your friends who are doing this trick for free on both sides.
That's all. I hope this helps. See you later :)

No comments: